Saturday, December 12, 2009

The Perfect Storm

This photo session was a challenge, to say the least. I was visiting from out of town and had a very limited amount of time. And the weather did not cooperate - I think Santa Rosa received well over an inch of rain that day! To make the challenge even more complicated, sweet Kayden just turned two years old and has a (hopefully temporary) fear of women! A recipe for disaster, but with a lot of patience and a willingness to get a little damp, we got some great photos and a memory of a day that puts a smile on my face.

I borrowed every umbrella we could find. Being a two-year-old, Kayden actually wanted all four umbrellas for himself and showed quite a bit of frustration when he couldn't manage to hold them ALL at once. Two-year-olds are funny that way, aren't they?


We were so lucky that the rain let up a bit and allowed Kayden a little more freedom to explore. His mood definitely improved once he was able to be out and about and watch us try to keep up.








Last but not least, look who seemed to warm up to me, at least a little bit!

I remembered our session in July that Kayden is quick. This time, I knew I had an advantage of not being enormously pregnant. However, I had forgotten how hard it is for kids this age to have so many opinions and needs, but be unable to communicate them. I could just see in his eyes how frustrated he was when we just didn't get it, whatever "it" was at that moment.

Crystal and Nick - I think you guys are doing an amazing job with him. It's a tough age, but I am so so so glad that I get to help you capture these moments (challenging or not!). He is so adorable and I can't wait to see him again soon!

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Merdeka by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP